Title: Senior Relationship Manager
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Gulf Capital Bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
Gulf Capital Bank is located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas 77056, at the corner of Woodway and S Post Oak Lane. For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for developing new loan and deposit relationships and strengthening and expanding business relationships with existing clients.
- Increase the Bank’s profitability by cultivating new business relationships.
- Negotiate proper loan structures, selling the Bank’s credit and non-credit products.
- Maintain and develop customer relationships, new business, and periodic review of existing loan arrangements.
- Accept special projects in support of the team and community involvement.
- Maintain knowledge of corporate banking, credit and non-credit products, real estate, treasury management and other bank functions.
- Maintain knowledge of accounting and financial principles, marketing and sales principles, credit analysis, economics and other bank functions
- Ability to drive production/revenue to profit center/branch.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects and activities. Must have strong organizational and selling skills.
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities and procedures.
- Become acquainted with all bank products and continually enhance that knowledge by participating in bank training, bank activities, and required courses.
- Call and personally visit potential, new and existing customers to facilitate new business.
- Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position (Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy, etc.)
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are essential.
- 7+ years of relationship management/lending experience in a Commercial Bank.
- Completion of a formal Credit training program.
- Demonstrated record of client management and business development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively and to communicate with all levels of management, branch network, and internal departments.
- Knowledge of Bank products, services and Branch operating policies & procedures
Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills needed to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be customer service and detail oriented.
- Analytical ability required in order to gather and interpret data in situations where the problems are complex.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $140,000.00 – $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Relocate:
- Houston, TX 77056: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person