Portfolio ManagerApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Portfolio Manager
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Gulf Capital Bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
Gulf Capital Bank is located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas 77056, at the corner of Woodway and S Post Oak Lane. For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for providing portfolio monitoring support to the Credit Department. The Portfolio Manager will design key management reports, ensure compliance with regulatory reporting needs, review loan documentation for conformity with covenants and other requirements, and management of critical projects. This position reports to the Chief Credit Officer.
· Assist Chief Credit Officer with portfolio monitoring functions such as stress testing, board report preparation, and other processes and procedures as needed.
· Assist with the CECL calculation process including gathering of economic data and the initial preparation and reconciliation of loan balances.
· Assist in the training and development of newer members of the credit team.
· Manage the loan pipeline and underwriting assignments to ensure timely completion of credit requests and balanced workload among the credit team.
· Support critical audit and exam process such as loan review, safety and soundness, and loan operations.
· Underwrite loan opportunities as needed and assist the other members of the credit team with new and/or complex transactions.
· Underwriting experience in small business, middle market, commercial real estate, and oil and gas banking is desired.
· Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information is essential.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
· 5+ years’ experience in a commercial bank or other financial institution
· Excellent documentation and communication skills
· Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
· Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
· Business Analytics reporting and query writing preferable.
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Time management and ability to prioritize.
· Strong sense of urgency
· Ability to work effectively and to communicate with all levels of management, branch network, and internal departments.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person