Oil & Gas Relationship ManagerApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Oil & Gas Relationship Manager
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Gulf Capital Bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s leading business and civic leaders.
Gulf Capital Bank is located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas 77056, at the corner of Woodway and S Post Oak Lane. For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
The Oil & Gas Relationship Manager facilitates new business by cultivating relationships with new clients and expanding relationships with existing clients.
• Accompany experienced senior energy bankers on client calls and meetings, attend relevant seminars and classes to expand knowledge.
• Call and visit potential new and existing clients to facilitate and expand business relationships.
• Gain knowledge of Reserve Based Lending (RBL) and Deposit and Treasury Management products and services.
• Assist with financial modeling of engineering data, other expense items, and debt payout.
• Work with experienced senior energy bankers, bank engineers, and the credit team on credit requests, including general underwriting, loan structuring, term sheet preparation, negotiating/pricing, collateral, and analyzing industry/credit risk.
• Coordinate, in conjunction with Senior Relationship Managers, all aspects of a loan closing such as the review of loan documentation, coordination with legal counsel, and collaboration with loan and deposit operations.
• Coordinate with the credit team to monitor, review, and clear as necessary past due items, documentation and collateral exceptions, financial statements, redetermination documents, etc.
• Manage the review and monitoring of oil and gas loans, including annual and semi-annual borrowing base reviews.
• Continually enhance product and industry knowledge by participating in bank training, bank activities, and required courses.
• Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position (Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy, etc.).
• Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are essential.
• Minimum of 3 years oil and gas banking or other relevant relationship banking experience.
• Completion of a formal credit training program or similar underwriting experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent analytical, problem resolution, organizational, and decision-making skills.
• Experience with oil and gas reserve reports.
Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills needed to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
• Strong sales skills. Must be customer service and detail oriented.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills. Ability to effectively to communicate and work with all levels of management, branch network, and internal departments.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and activities.
• Ability to work independently and establish priorities and deadlines.
• Analytical ability required to gather information and interpret data to solve complex problems.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Revised: 3/13/2023Apply Now