Loan Operations SupervisorApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Loan Operations Supervisor
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Department: Loan Operations
Gulf Capital Bank is the first new de novo bank in the Houston area since 2008. The bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
The bank is located at One Riverway, at the corner of Woodway and South Post Oak Lane. It will offer walk-in services such as checking and cash management, online banking and payment with Zelle®, mobile deposits, secured and unsecured commercial loans, letters of credit and consumer loans. Additionally, Gulf Capital Bank plans to target and serve middle-market businesses with annual revenues up to $2 billion.
Under the direction of the Loan Operations Manager, the Loan Operations Supervisor will perform a variety of functions to ensure the efficient operation of the area in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures.
- In the absence of the Loan Operations Manager, will act as department manager
- Guiding teammates and overseeing projects
- Document Preparation
- Fund new loans and process renewals and book them on the system
- Process Advances online of Credits and Dealer Floor plans
- Construction- order inspections, setup spreadsheets, review construction documents, process advances
- Payment Processing- for all loans including participations
- Quality Control- review to insure loans are booked correctly on system
- Documentation review
- Paid loan processing
- Update collateral and credit exception (includes setting up ticklers for new loans and renewals)
- Scanning loans into Director
- Build collateral and credit files
- Process credit denials and handle credit disputes
- Balancing various General Ledger accounts on a daily basis
- Pull and review various system generated reports on a daily basis
- Maintain Hmda LAR
- Perform internal and external customer service
- Loan Maintenance and research as needed
- Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position (Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy ETC)
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential.
- Must have experience in leading teams and overseeing projects
- FISERVE Premier experience a plus!
- Ability to follow directions in a timely and accurate manner
- Common sense and sound judgment
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Time management and ability to prioritize
- Strong sense of urgency
- Pleasant telephone skills and courteous manner a must
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy and problem solving skills
- High school graduate or equivalent; A minimum of two year’s experience working in a Loan Department support role; Lending and/or Operations experience preferred
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Gulf Capital Bank Corporate Human Resources [Houston, Texas]
Revised : 9/10/2020Apply Now Back to Careers