Junior Staff AccountantApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Junior Staff Accountant
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Primary responsibilities include Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Processing Journal Entries Preparation of Accounting Reports, and reconcilement of a variety of accounts. The role also involves identifying and establishing process improvements and setting up policies and procedures as well as researching and solving outages.
- Process full cycle Accounts Payable related tasks.
- Establish new vendors and update vendor information to include shipping addresses and W-9s.
- Manage the 1099 reporting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting and to avoid penalties.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a routine basis to ensure appropriate payables balances.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact accounts payable and purchasing. Develop effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state and federal laws.
- Create, implement, and revise accounts payable and purchasing policies to support the work processes throughout the bank.
- Manage reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts, including due from banking accounts.
- Prepare and process a variety of journal entries and accruals.
- Manage monthly fixed assets and prepaids transactions and reconciliations.
- Assist in month-end closing.
- Assist in the internal and external audits of various departments as appropriate.
- Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position (Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy, etc.).
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in a variety of accounting related areas, preferably including accounts payable
- Previous experience in financial institution accounting preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of Integrated Accounts Payable Systems preferred
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks
- Ability to work on various project initiatives while managing the day-to-day operations workflow
- Common sense and sound judgment
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to work cohesively with employees in the department and throughout the organization
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively and to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
Gulf Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pay: $50,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- 401(k) 4% Match
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 3 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person