IT Security EngineerApply Now Back to Careers
Title: IT Security Engineer
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Gulf Capital Bank is the first new de novo bank in the Houston area since 2008. The bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
The bank is located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas at the corner of Woodway and South Post Oak Lane. It will offer walk-in services such as checking and cash management, online banking, mobile deposits, secured and unsecured commercial loans, letters of credit and consumer loans. Additionally, Gulf Capital Bank plans to target and serve middle-market businesses with annual revenues up to $2 billion. For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
The IT Security Engineer is responsible for oversight and day-day management of cybersecurity infrastructure within our IT organization, tasked to support a variety of systems that support the bank operations. This role participates in security posture monitoring and threat response activities and is directly responsible for troubleshooting security events. The preferred candidate will provide the initial analysis during security incidents, establishing the extent of the threat, business impacts and then advising and performing the most suitable course of action to contain and remedy the incident. The Security Analyst must maintain a good knowledge of the threat landscape, help enhance current capabilities and provides support in the identification of new methods of detecting threats.
Duties, functions and responsibilities of this position include:
- Supports cyber security initiatives through both predictive and reactive analysis
- Performs threat and vulnerability assessments and provides subject matter expertise on appropriate threat mitigation approaches
- Maintains an understanding of the current threats, vulnerabilities, response and mitigation strategies used to support cyber security operations
- Participates in the investigations of information security incidents and may prepare reports on intrusions as required
- Conducts research on emerging security threats
- Proposes additional components and techniques that could be used to proactively detect and prevent malicious activity
- Logs and records all security incidents to internal ticketing system
- Examines suspicious emails for malicious content and provide recommendations on remediation actions
- Performs URL/domain analysis to identify and report any malicious indicators associated with the resource and evaluates associated risks
- Identifies intrusion activity by leveraging alert data from multiple sensors and systems and determines priority for response
- Monitors, evaluates, and assist with the maintenance of assigned security systems in accordance with industry best practices to safeguard internal information systems and databases
- Uses attack signatures and tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) to aid in threat detection and discovery
- Conducts basic malware analysis of attacker tools and identifies indicators of compromise (IOC)s
- Manage external vendor relations within the Information Technology department for Gulf Capital Bank.
- Review service agreements and SOW’s for adherence to company standards and policies.
- Perform as functional bridge between external vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate enterprise-wide needs for due diligence, risk assessment and ongoing vendor monitoring.
- Develop processes and methods to approve vendors leveraged by Information Technology.
- Track, measure, report and evaluate vendor performance.
- Coordinate vendor Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s), ensuring they are conducted timely and efficiently with the information technology stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot all Information Technology vendor problems and present to management as required.
- Identify improvement areas internally and work closely with all internal stakeholders to prepare solutions.
- Identify and implement enhanced efficiencies associated with vendor management and product fulfillment.
- Develop workflow processes, methods and policies for bringing on new technology vendors.
- Collaborate with IT teams to ensure vendor partners are delivering on SLA’s.
- Monitor contractual agreements for all IT functions’ vendors.
Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
Strong attention to detail, high level of accuracy and problem solving skills
Ability to communicate IT concepts in an effective, non-technical manner
At least 36 months of technology experience in IT security, or supporting security aspects of IT infrastructure or applications teams.
Knowledgeable of MITRE ATTACK and Cyber Kill Chain
Knowledge of SIEM, IDS, anti-virus/anti-malware and firewall technologies
Strong understanding of networking and TCP/IP
Experience with a wide variety of operating systems: Windows Server, Windows 10, Windows 7, Linux etc.
Ability to troubleshoot technical and security related issues
Experience working in a rapidly changing, high intensity environment
Avid, proactive learner and ability to work well in a team based environment
Strong interpersonal and writing skills
Two (2) or more years of experience of network protocols, configurations, or IT operations, required
Two (2) or more years of experience in infosec, cybersecurity, system or networking, required
Ability to triage problems, design and identify solutions and appropriately escalate issues in fast-paced environment, required
Experience with EDR platform or SIEM Platform, preferred
Ability to work independently
Strong orientation to execution
2-4-year degree in IS or IT; or equivalent experience preferred
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.