Financial AccountantApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Financial Accountant
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Gulf Capital Bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
Gulf Capital Bank is located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas 77056, at the corner of Woodway and S Post Oak Lane. For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
The Financial Accountant will report to the Controller. This position supports the Finance Department by performing a wide range of financial and general accounting duties including reviewing general ledger for accuracy, analyzing financial data for trends and variances, preparing internal and external financial statements, and preparing various regulatory reports. The Financial Accountant will also act as backup for other general accounting activities such as reviewing and approving general ledger entries, reviewing, and backing up accounts payable and maintain fixed asset accounting.
- Prepares the FFIEC Call Report for review by the Controller and Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepares reports for Asset/Liability Committee including Loan Mix, Deposit Concentrations, CD Maturity Structure and Reg F analysis reports.
- Gathers data for IRR modeling and submission.
- Generation and creation of financial related analysis reports.
- Backup accounting functions.
- Daily institution settlements.
- Posts Fixed Asset monthly expenses and adds items to the register/inventory.
- Posts Prepaid Expenses and adds items to the register/inventory.
- Backup and review of Accounts Payable functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
- Accounting Degree strongly preferred.
- 3 to 5 years’ previous experience with a financial institution in a Finance/Accounting role.
- Previous experience preparing various financial statements and reports.
- Experience preparing FFIEC Call Report preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to GAAP and internal policies and controls.
- Data extraction, import and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
$70,000 – $85,000 a yearApply Now