Branch Operations SpecialistApply Now Back to Careers
Branch Operations Specialist
Job Grade: Non-Exempt
Department: Deposit Operations
Location: On-Site/Corporate Office
Gulf Capital Bank is the first new de novo bank in the Houston area since 2008. We aim to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
Gulf Capital Bank is located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas at the corner of Woodway Dr. and South Post Oak Lane. We target and serve middle-market businesses with annual revenues up to $2 billion. For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
Responsibilities to include but not limited to the functional areas of back-office deposit operations, business entity documentation review, exception processing, document imaging, debit cards and disputes, transit returns, audits, balancing deposit applications and accounts through recon, and ATM settlement activities. The position works closely with all employees as well as the branch staff to ensure that information entered is within policy and procedures.
- Responsible for daily tasks assigned by the Deposit Operations manager. Task should be completed according to established processes, policies, and or procedures to ensure safety and soundness as well as regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the imaging of documents and its integrity within our database.
- Responsible for reviewing business entity documentation to ensure business accounts are opened within compliance and regulation
- Provide day-to-day documentation support to branch personnel, as needed
- Review new account documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Maintains tracking system for new account documentation and entity documents
- Reviewing and monitoring new account and deposit/customer level maintenance activity, CD originations and maintenance, and posting/exception item errors.
- Monitor for internal/external fraud within accounts.
- Ensures that the Bank’s reputation is maintained both internally and externally.
- Work with Deposit Operations Manager as miscellaneous projects as assigned: New Products and Services, System Upgrades, Business Continuity, Branch Relocations, System Conversion, Account Charge-offs, Compromised Cards, etc.
- Validation of Business Statements for Commercial Account Analysis processing.
- Manage personal and professional growth by meeting performance expectations, established by goals and standards provided to you by your manager. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Assist Director of Deposit Operations, Director of Treasury Deposit Operations, and Director of Client Experience with day-to-day tasks or special projects.
- Strong customer service skills are required so that our client experience will exceed expectations.
- Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position.
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must possess competent knowledge and skills in Business entity documentation.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work on various project initiatives while managing the day-to-day operations workflow.
- Common sense and sound judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Time management and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to guide and mentor subordinates.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Openly seeks to learn and grow.
- Utilize technology to solve root causes of issue and to eliminate manual processes.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Pleasant telephone skills and courteous manner a must.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively and to communicate with all levels of management, branch network, and internal departments.
- Knowledge of Bank products, services, and Branch operating policies & procedures.
- 3-5 years banking experience preferably with at least two years or more in business entity documentation.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Gulf Capita l Bank Corporate Human Resources [Houston, Texas] Revised
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per yearApply Now