Credit Administration AnalystApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Credit Administration Analyst
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Gulf Capital Bank is the first new de novo bank in the Houston area since 2008. The bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
The bank is located at One Riverway, at the corner of Woodway and South Post Oak Lane. It will offer walk-in services such as checking and cash management, online banking and payment with Zelle®, mobile deposits, secured and unsecured commercial loans, letters of credit and consumer loans. Additionally, Gulf Capital Bank plans to target and serve middle-market businesses with annual revenues up to $2 billion.
Will be responsible for providing analytical support to the Credit, Finance, and Operating Departments of Gulf Capital Bank. The Credit Administration Analyst will design key management reports, ensure compliance with regulatory reporting needs, review loan documentation for conformity with covenants and other requirements, and management of critical projects. This individual reports to the Chief Credit Officer and will have extensive interaction with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible for timely and accurate Loan Portfolio Analysis reporting
- Responsible for timely and accurate Deposit Portfolio Analysis reporting
- Manage loan stress testing, perform periodic data integrity testing
- Run various stress testing reports on a quarterly basis
- Prepare Directors Loan Committee package monthly, act as Secretary and maintain accurate minutes
- Prepare various regulatory reports relating to the bank’s secured lines of credit, SBLF and other requests as they occur
- Special projects as assigned
- Assist with data gathering for internal audits, compliance audits and regulatory examinations
- Act as lead on projects including PPP Loan Forgiveness, including customer interface, data entry and all other tasks associated with the submission and approval from the SBA
- Report writing through Business Analytics for multiple departments that will be used to evaluate bank performance and assist in audit functions and management/board oversight.
- Performing objective, independent, and reliable assessments of the effectiveness of the bank’s activities, and its internal control-environment within the lending portfolio.
- Evaluating lending processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions within the current loan portfolio.
- Review financial reports and accounting records for accuracy and reliability
- Review and complete financial analysis for individual customer files based on updated information using preapproved covenants as tracking.
- Perform special projects as needed as well as planning, developing, and scoping new projects.
- Gathering critical information from bank systems and producing useful reports.
- Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position.
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information is essential
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Experience with Fiserv’s Business Analytics is highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years experience in banking or another financial institution
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Business Analytics report and query writing preferable
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Time management and ability to prioritize
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively and to communicate with all levels of management, branch network, and internal departments.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Gulf Capital Bank Corporate Human Resources [Houston, Texas]
Revised : 9/10/2020Apply Now Back to Careers