Commercial Loan Documentation/Closing SpecialistApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Commercial Loan Documentation/Closing Specialist
Job Grade: Exempt
Department: Loan Operations (On-Site)
Gulf Capital Bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
We are located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas 77056, at the corner of Woodway and S Post Oak Lane. For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
The Commercial Loan Documentation/ Closing Specialist position is responsible for preparing and reviewing loan documentation for complex loans to individuals and/or entities for commercial & industrial, commercial real estate and non-real estate purposes as well as commercial loan modifications while working under limited supervision. Additionally, this position will be responsible for training and pre-reviewing work of other team members.
Position will be responsible for reviewing loan approvals to prepare loan documentation and determine if support documentation is complete for the type of loan request. This position is responsible for working with lending staff to resolve or clarify any deficiencies in loan file. They will work closely with Credit Administration and internal compliance department. In addition to being responsible for preparing the legal documents provided to the customer for closing, this function also ensures the bank’s interest in the collateral is perfected. Documentation and security interest must be accurate according to terms approved, credit policy and federal regulations.
Position will oversee the closing process, ensuring all documents have been executed accordingly as instructed by utilizing closing instructions/attorney instructions. Documents will be reviewed for completion and that all funding requirements have been met according to the credit approval document before loan is booked and funded. Specialist will book the loan and fund or assign the process to someone within the Loan Operations Department.
- Prepare commercial loan documents within the bank’s portfolio to ensure adherence to lending regulations, lending compliance, and the bank’s credit policy.
- Review prepared documents for accuracy and consistency with approval requirements.
- Review collateral support documents such as title commitments and UCC searches.
- Confirm appraisal and/or environmental reports are completed with appropriate review/sign off (subject to regulatory compliance).
- Process, review and upload complete loan and collateral files to ensure that established standards are met, including compliance with federal regulations and adherence to Bank lending policy as well as ensuring that the Bank’s security interest is established, and our lien position is upheld.
- Process all commercial loan modification requests which includes checking in the files for review and support document requirements to prepare documentation; which includes renewals, deferrals, and modifications.
- Process all requests for Letters of Credit including checking file for completeness and preparing documentation.
- Provide support to Loan Officers/Lending Team to process the loan according to established policies, procedures, and regulatory guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory issues, including but not limited, to HMDA, CRA, Flood, Beneficial Ownership, CIP, Environmental, Appraisal, Regulation O and Regulation B.
- Review and submit completed loan files to attorney for processing to ensure codes are in system and all support documentation received.
- Independently prioritize workflow to maximize production turn around to adhere to Service Level Agreements and minimize administrative delinquencies.
- Work stale dated loans in system for decline/withdraw completeness
- Assist management in the preparation for and during audits and exams.
- Perform all other tasks assigned including departmental projects
- Back up Loan Operations team in day-to-day task as needed.
- FISERV Premier experience a plus!
- 3+ years previous experience in commercial loan documentation preparation
- Strong critical thinking, communication, organizational and decision-making skills required.
- Ability to operate in a deadline driven environment without sacrificing attention to detail, self-motivated.
- Proven ability to research and analyze problems and obtain solutions.
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Written communication skills including grammar, spelling, and composition
- Verbal communication skills including the ability to interact professionally with all levels of management
- Must have ability to prioritize a variety of tasks, meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to interpret and apply laws and regulations
- Working knowledge of computers and window-based programs.
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are essential.
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.