Title: Banking Associate
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Location: On-Site (Not Remote)
Gulf Capital Bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
Supports the commercial lending team through financial and credit analysis and underwriting processes by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting all types of credit information on existing and prospective clients and portfolios. Makes recommendations and supports decisions regarding the extension of credit for diverse loan types. Prepares and presents credit presentations to Relationship Managers and committees for use in making credit decisions on new, renewal and extension loans. Monitors customer accounts and loan portfolios to maximize credit quality and minimize risk and potential loss. Supports the analytical processes involved with board reporting; regulatory reporting; credit portfolio stress testing; internal and external loan review; and financial auditing.
· Prepare, review, and discuss loan presentation with the Relationship Manager, Senior Management, and/or Chief Credit Officer.
· Analyzing financial information such as balance sheets, income and cash flow statements, and periodic financial reporting of all types.
· Perform stress testing of financial results, collateral, and credit variables.
· Recognize patterns and trends within financial presentation and address them as necessary for a complete relationship analysis.
· Assessing the overall credit worthiness of client companies.
· Stay informed of regulatory, policy and procedural requirements to ensure compliance throughout the underwriting and credit administration processes.
· Keep well informed as to market conditions as it relates to assessing risk in credit transactions.
· Liaising with other staff within the company, such as Relationship Managers and product specialists to support the delivery of new and expanded products and services to clients.
· Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by management of the bank.
· Participate in special projects throughout the year such as loan review, audit, bank peer analysis.
· Assists loan servicing with items needed to prepare documents and fund loans, such as insurance, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Education Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting or Statistics with a strong basis in financial accounting.
· Well-developed skills in the use of proprietary or non-proprietary analytical software supported by expert level skills in the use of Microsoft Excel.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Previous experience in credit portfolio management in a commercial bank.
· Formal credit training through school, a previous job, or a third-party certification.
· Basic knowledge of credit administration, policy, and procedures.
· Good knowledge of economics and finance.
· Fundamental knowledge of risk analysis.
· Effective technical report writing skills.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Willingness to work in and appreciation for the personalized and more intimate bank environment.
· Able to function in a high attention to detail, deadline-oriented environment.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) 4% Match
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 2 years
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Relocate:
- Houston, TX 77056: Relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person