Accounts Payable ManagerApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Job Grade: Exempt/Salary
Gulf Capital Bank is the first new de novo bank in the Houston area since 2008. The bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
The bank is located at One Riverway, at the corner of Woodway and South Post Oak Lane. It will offer walk-in services such as checking and cash management, online banking and payment with Zelle®, mobile deposits, secured and unsecured commercial loans, letters of credit, and consumer loans. Additionally, Gulf Capital Bank plans to target and serve middle-market businesses with annual revenues up to $2 billion.
Primarily responsible for managing and performing a wide range of Accounts Payable tasks that are routine in nature, including: account reconciliation; posting journal entries; processing expense invoices; performing daily balancing, including researching and solving outages; and preparing accounting reports. The role also involves identifying and establishing process improvements and setting up policies and procedures.
- Process full cycle Accounts Payable for Gulf Capital Bank.
- Manage reconciliation and analysis of general ledger accounts, including due from accounts.
- Prepare and process journal entries and accruals.
- Manage monthly fixed assets and prepaids transactions and reconciliations.
- Assist in month-end closing.
- Attention to regulatory requirements and compliance training applicable to position (Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Information Privacy, etc.).
- Establish new vendors and update vendor information to include shipping addresses and W-9s.
- Manage the 1099 reporting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting and to avoid penalties.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a routine basis to ensure appropriate payables balances.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact accounts payable and purchasing. Develop effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state and federal laws.
- Create, implement, and revise accounts payable and purchasing policies to support the work processes throughout the bank.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years’ experience managing accounts payable
- Previous experience in bank accounting preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Knowledge of Prologue Accounts Payable System preferred
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple simultaneous tasks
- Ability to work on various project initiatives while managing the day-to-day operations workflow
- Common sense and sound judgment
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to guide and mentor subordinates
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively and to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
Gulf Capital Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Gulf Capital Bank Corporate Human Resources [Houston, Texas] Revised: 10/22/2020Apply Now Back to Careers