Accounting SpecialistApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Accounting Specialist
Job Grade: Non-Exempt/Hourly
The Accounting Specialist is primarily responsible for performing routine accounting duties including account reconciliation; posting journal entries; processing accounts payable and expense invoices; performing daily balancing, including researching and resolving outages; and preparing accounting reports as requested.
- Reconcile various general ledger and due from accounts.
- Process full cycle Accounts Payable.
- Prepare and process journal entries and accruals.
- Prepare monthly fixed asset and prepaid account transactions and reconciliations.
- Assist in month-end closing as needed.
- Establish new vendors and update vendor information to include shipping addresses and W-9s.
- Manage the 1099 reporting process to ensure accurate and timely reporting and to avoid penalties.
- Reconcile vendor statements on a routine basis to ensure appropriate payables balances.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact accounts payable.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 1 to 2 years of accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in accounts payable or the ability to learn the accounts payable function.
- 2+ years’ experience in account reconciliation or the ability to learn reconciliation functions.
- Previous experience in bank accounting preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of Automated Accounts Payable System preferred.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy required.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively and to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Integrity, discretion, and respect for confidential information are absolutely essential
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
Gulf Capital Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 – $28.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person