Compliance AnalystApply Now Back to Careers
Title: Compliance Analyst
Gulf Capital Bank (GCB) is the first new de novo bank in the Houston area since 2008. The bank aims to redefine the value of a bank by offering the personal relationship touches of a traditional community bank combined with the ease of state-of-the-art banking technology and global connections provided by a group of Houston’s business and civic leaders.
The bank is located at One Riverway, Houston, Texas at the corner of Woodway and South Post Oak Lane. It will offer walk-in services such as checking and cash management, online banking, mobile deposits, secured and unsecured commercial loans, letters of credit and consumer loans. Additionally, Gulf Capital Bank plans to target and serve middle-market businesses with annual revenues up to $2 billion. For more information go to: https://www.gulfcapitalbank.com/
The Compliance Analyst is a part of the team responsible for ensuring company compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations that govern GCB’s products and services. This position reports to the Director of Compliance.
- The Compliance Analyst will assist the Director of Compliance with the Bank’s regulatory compliance program and compliance management system by performing monitoring and testing of compliance risks, procedures, and controls in support of the Compliance Department’s monitoring and testing schedule.
- Perform assigned monitoring compliance reviews of products and services to ensure compliance of current deposit and lending laws and regulations for business impact.
- This individual will collaborate with multiple GCB business line units, identifying and assessing compliance risks and evaluating the adequacy of mitigating controls to ensure conformity and adherence with Bank policies and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist in the development of the Bank’s compliance programs by creating reports for management detailing the Bank’s risk and trends, maintaining files, training necessary Bank staff, and assisting in internal compliance monitoring in accordance with compliance regulations to include remediation implementation and monitor corrective action.
- This individual will be expected to make recommendations on courses of action and improvements.
The Compliance Analyst must be able to:
- Assist with managing the Bank’s compliance functions to ensure data integrity in reporting and software systems.
- Assist with managing the Bank’s compliance functions to ensure compliance with Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) regulations, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations, Consumer Complaints, and all other deposit and lending federal banking laws, regulations, and guidance.
- Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulations, analyzes potential impact to the Bank and the products/services it delivers, and advises on procedure/program changes as required.
- Provides maintenance, follow-up, and support for the Bank’s data collection, tracking and reporting software systems.
- Distribute compliance information to the appropriate personnel, communicates and responds to staff or management on compliance questions, assist with developing, reviewing, and periodically updating the Bank’s compliance policies, procedures, and program in accordance with laws and regulations.
- Identify unusual activities and behaviors across multiple products and services.
- Research, identify, and analyze data from multiple sources, and document findings in a written work product.
- Communicate with internal and external resources in a professional and timely manner.
- Support the fulfillment of necessary federal reporting requirements by ensuring accurate and complete documentation, timely disposition and providing critical information assessments as required, including escalating issues for further internal investigation in accordance with defined processes. As a member of the Compliance Team, the Compliance Analyst is expected to work closely with team members to ensure resolutions are reached as quickly and efficiently as possible should problems arise which require additional resources.
- Assist with external compliance audit and regulatory examination preparation and remediation and corrective action of compliance deficiencies identified.
- Disseminate appropriate regulatory information to affected bank personnel, to include helpful guides and aids to assist in the understanding of compliance related duties.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- 3-5 years banking experience preferably with at least two years or more lending and deposit compliance experience.
- Knowledge of deposit, operations, and loan Experience with Fiserv applications and Wolters Kluwer CRA_WIZ a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, organizational, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work effectively and to communicate with all levels of management, branch network, and internal departments.
- Knowledge of Bank products, services, and Branch operating policies & procedures.
- Must have strong organization and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, realistically ambitious, and have high personal ethics.
- Must be a people-oriented person who is able to develop positive working relationships with co-workers and regulators.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be a self-directed Compliance professional. CRCM certification a plus.
- Candidates must be able to efficiently work in a deadline driven environment and analyze sometimes complex transactions while delivering the expected highest quality standards.
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities at one time, reset priorities day-to-day to meet deadlines, and know when to ask for assistance and direction when working with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, including the interpretation of federal and state laws and regulations.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to work with personnel of varying skill levels and backgrounds within and outside the organization.
- Must be customer service and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information and exercise discretion and independent judgement.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard retail branch setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job. Incumbent must attend work on a regular basis, on time, and withstand varying degrees of stress. This position description describes the minimum selection requirements to qualify for the position. Promotion and other employment decisions are based on employer needs, being in good standing, fully competent performance, and other non-discriminatory subjects.
As of the date shown below, the contents of this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skill required of personnel so classified. Further, essential job functions are subject to change based upon business needs.
Gulf Capital Bank is an equal opportunity employer. Gulf Capital Bank Corporate Human Resources [Houston, Texas] Revised: 01/11/2022Apply Now